Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Custom Build - No Display Error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 geordie10

geordie10

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

Hello

Apologies to be "that guy" posting computer problems but I've hit a dead end here and dont know where to go. Mind you I have done plenty of Googling with no luck. 

The PC I have built powers on but there is no display on the screen, no matter if I use HDMI or DVI. There is no beeps, just the CPU fans and motherboard lights are visibly active. I have checked all the cables for fitting, checked the CPU for damage (NIL found), check the CPU cooler plug (all good), checked power supply (good) and moved the position of the RAM around. Putting the RAM in slot two made the CPU fan stop spinning so vigorously and slow down. 

I have also noticed the EZ debug light for VGA remains on after the initial boot. 

I have recently built a PC with the following components:
Motherboard - MSI B350M PRO-VDH
CPU - AMD Ryzon 7 1700x
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo
RAM - 1 x Crucial 16GB DESKTOP DDR4 2133 MT/s (PC4-17000) CL15 DR x8 Unbuffered DIMM 288p
Power Supply - Cooler Power Supply 850w (Please don't hate on me)
1 x Sandisk 260GB SSD

Any assistance on getting this working would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any replies.!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

Per the manual the VGA ez debug indicates GPU is not detected or fail.  Do you have a video card?  Have you tried the VGA connector?

#3 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

You didn't mention a video card. Ryzen doesn't have any integrated GPU so if you haven't got a video card, it won't work. The VGA/DVI/HDMI slots on the motherboard are only for CPU's which have integrated graphics and that doesn't apply to the Ryzen series currently.

System Specs:

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit                                           - Motherboard: GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0 (Socket M2)           - Audio: Corsair HS40 USB Gaming Headset
CPU: AMD FX-6350 (Vishera 32nm Technology)         - Display: HE247DPB (1920x1080/60Hz)                          - Optical Drives: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD1 ATA Device
RAM: 12.00GB Single-Channel DDR3/801MHz                - GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (MSI)         - Storage: 931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device (SATA)

#4 geordie10

geordie10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

Per the manual the VGA ez debug indicates GPU is not detected or fail.  Do you have a video card?  Have you tried the VGA connector?

No video card. I was sure there was onboard graphics and I havent tried the VGA, only DVI and HDMI. 

#5 geordie10

geordie10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:20 PM

You didn't mention a video card. Ryzen doesn't have any integrated GPU so if you haven't got a video card, it won't work. The VGA/DVI/HDMI slots on the motherboard are only for CPU's which have integrated graphics and that doesn't apply to the Ryzen series currently.

Correct I dont have one and this looks like the likely problem from some basic research. I'll grab one and post an outcome. Thankyou!

#6 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:08 AM

Correct I dont have one and this looks like the likely problem from some basic research. I'll grab one and post an outcome. Thankyou!

What sort of work will you be doing with this computer? Certain types of work may require a beefy video card.

System Specs:

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit                                           - Motherboard: GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0 (Socket M2)           - Audio: Corsair HS40 USB Gaming Headset
CPU: AMD FX-6350 (Vishera 32nm Technology)         - Display: HE247DPB (1920x1080/60Hz)                          - Optical Drives: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD1 ATA Device
RAM: 12.00GB Single-Channel DDR3/801MHz                - GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (MSI)         - Storage: 931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device (SATA)

#7 geordie10

geordie10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:40 AM

Graphics card was the problem. Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users