For some reason, my HDMI audio output to my television stopped working about two months ago. I finally came across a solution this afternoon to fix it, but as soon as I reset the laptop, it reverted back.
First, some specs:
Laptop: MSI GT70
OS: Windows 10 x64 Home
Audio Driver: Realtek HD Audio v.18.104.22.16824
Seems like I've tried everything I can find on forums. Here's a rundown of everything I've checked:
1. Playback Devices -> Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices? Yes
2. Restarted Windows Audio Service? Yes
3. Device Manager -> Sound, Video, and Display Controllers -> Scan for Hardware Changes? Yes. (This was the fix this afternoon, is no longer detecting TV for an audio device after reset)
4. HDMI cable integrity -> verified.
5. Remove and reinstall audio driver? Yes
6. Remove cable from both laptop and TV and re-connect? Yes
7. Remove cable and restart laptop and tv? Yes
8. Repeat above step in various different ways.
9. Verify audio path on TV HDMI port is working? Yes, with a different laptop using same cable.
I didn't have this problem for the last two years I've owned the laptop. I've been to sever hotels with different TV's and it's been plug-and-play the entire time - until recently.
Like I said before, it worked briefly this afternoon again until I reset the laptop. Now the above steps I used to correct the issue the first time are no longer working. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Your time and help is appreciated. Thank you.