Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus T200TA-B1-BL Broadcom Wireless Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dezfox13

dezfox13

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

Hello all and anyone who is able to assist here:

I have an asus t200ta-b1-bL and my Broadcom wireless A/B/G/N SDIO adapter keeps showing an exclamation point in the device manager window. It also shows a code 10 error. I'm running windows 10 32 bit as well. I cant seem to get this adapter running. Ive tried installing drivers from asus website and nothing seems to work. Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled, enabled, and still nothing. I keep getting that exclamation point. There are also code 10 errors under the following in device manager:

bcmfn2 (of which there seems to be 2 of these same ones)

Broadcom serial bus driver over UART Bus enumerator

Not sure what those are but I'm quite sure it has to do with the adapter.  I'm out of options for myself here. Hoping someone here may have the knowledge to help me out on this one and get my wireless adapter running.

Thank you all!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,005 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

Known Windows 10 problem with this wifi chipset.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-compatibility-problem-broadcom/948726c8-bba9-4e8f-ae10-bec029b17efc?page=1&auth=1

Last page shows a link to this video. It may help. It requires you download the Windows 8.1 driver, not the one for Windows 10.

Edit: If you successfully update the driver then disable Windows 10 auto driver update setting.

Edited by JohnC_21, 27 October 2017 - 10:16 AM.

#3 dezfox13

dezfox13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

thank you for your reply. i went and did that with no luck however. Ive akso been talking to someone from asus and ive tried everything theyve asked and still nothing. i did a clean install as well and the drivers still dont function. im at such a loss with this. thr fact that it came on and thrn went off in a minutes time is frustrating. sigh.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,005 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

I think you are going to have to use a USB dongle for your Wifi. I believe I saw you have the belkin USB. You can also purchase a nano adapter which would let you keep the dongle always attached.

http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5520_TL-WN725N.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users