Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warning unresponsive script

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 drklang86

drklang86

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

I use a 2002 dell optiplex gx270 mini tower running xp. I use comodo firewall. I use super anti-spyware. I added 2 gigs of ram recently.I use firefox as my browser. I changed my server from microsoft to google public. The system runs well.

Often, however, right after I pull pull up a web site, you tube, for example, I'll get a warning message about an unresponsive script. Here's the latest one:

" A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: https://www.youtube.com/yts/js…qBkx/webcomponents-lite.min.js:11"

I then am given the option to continue, debug the script, or, stop the script.

What does this mean and what should I do?

ThanksI 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,275 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

That's a commonplace situation...I always just stop the script, believing that it's of no positive value on the webpage in question.

Louis

#3 drklang86

drklang86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

Ok. Thanks. By the way, changing the CMOS battery, as you suggested, in my earlier posts, breathed new life into this old computer. Adding 2 gigs of RAM didn't hurt either. Thanks for responding.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,275 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

:thumbup2:

Louis

#5 ChirunoIceFairy

ChirunoIceFairy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:02 AM

It's because the modern Internet is full of bloated JS slapped everywhere by hipster coders who don't give any care to any people on older computers. Just stop the script.

#6 drklang86

drklang86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

Thanks ChirunolceFairy. Is JS java script? Yeah, that sounds right. I'll just stop the script. Now that I've educated myself on my GX270 running XP, I realize that I'm too busy running anti virus programs just to keep fairly safe. Besides, my motherboard looks kinda puny compared to newer desktops. I think i'm gonna get a newer PC with Windows 10. That way, I don't have to constantly remove all the PUP's and adware stuff. But being a complete novice, I needed to find out why, for myself.

Thanks again. Anything I could possibly want to know is here at BP.

#7 ChirunoIceFairy

ChirunoIceFairy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:49 AM

You should get a newer PC and research into one that will support legacy boot and Windows 7, because Windows 10 won't be a good experience if you're coming straight from XP.

#8 drklang86

drklang86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

Ok, thanks ChirunolceFairy. Thats exactly what I had in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users