Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AOL Chat Host Kicking

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 phatsoul7

phatsoul7

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:29 AM

Anyone heard of Uccom? A program which kicks anyone out of a chat, used by the owner of the room. Of course, it is their room, but im kicked for no reason at all sometimes. Is there anyway around Uccom or anyway to avoid it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:55 AM

well it would be considered Hacking if it was told how in the Forum so i'm thinking noone will be able to help with this post.
And if the creator of the room doesn't want you there its their option. best i can say id try and talk to them to find out why. Chat rooms are biased now adays might be something in your name that the host thinks is offensive.
Just something to consider.
sorry for not being able to help.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:54 AM

Most of the mechanical programs are triggered by a list of "banned" words, and ignore the context they are in. About all you can do is to avoid words that might have a different meaning. For example, you could write that the show bombed, and the program would focus on "bomb" and kick you out.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 phatsoul7

phatsoul7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:52 PM

but it's just gone too far, no one takes care of AIM, let alone none of you possibly care, friends and family have been hacked, lost screen names due to all of this, how do you avoid it! i once started a chat, and it was taken over, how is that fair

#5 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:15 AM

My initial interest (irritation inspired, I might add) in the way my PC worked when using it online came from Chat Room experiences. My time online had been probably under 24 hours when I decided to try Mozilla browser, which had a chat feature that is like AIM, I guess. (I've never used AIM). Well I read a bunch about IRC in general for a couple o' days. Joined. Went to the Help channel. Learned about a lot... the nick registration, some "protocol", etc. Then I tried "trivia" with the "trivia bot". Killed a keyboard competing on dialup with some quick-witted cable users. Had fun, until *wham* the flooding. Weird, I thought. OK, so a couple days later, some PM activity, having a few channels open at the same time for added variety & to keep active then *boom* I'm kicked off in a d.o.s. attack. Huh? A couple days later, I'm searchin' for answers to the question of "Why am I banned". They say it's my ISP has had "reports". Wait 7 days or some such nonsense. A week goes by, I think, OK... I'll bite & sure enough I'm back on DAL net. Now, I'm typing whatever name comes to mind to see if there is a channel. Of course I can start my own, since using that technique I find empty spaces. Along the way I find some strange stuff. Emails I'm getting, odd exchanges of communication. All music related names seem to be in the control of Arabic organizations? Basic language barriers, to be expected, also. Computer chat rooms full of , well...how can I say it, arrogance? Pecking Order Hierarchies? So, it's been a month and I've found foul-mouthed sites, sorta-weird pseudo-sexy stuff, a lot of emptiness and the trivia goes on night n' day. Well, I gave up. For the most part. I did get my PC all fouled up, so I found in a round-about way bleepingcomputers. Learned some lessons. Internet Relay Chat goes on daily, something to it I guess.

Sorry to here about your troubles.
I can relate to 'em. Not much I can do about 'em. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#6 phatsoul7

phatsoul7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:41 AM

but my friend, troubles can be overridden, there has to be a way to override uccom. this has nothing to do with AOL, but with AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)

#7 Walnuts

Walnuts

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:22 AM

Do any of you know where I can get Uccom???

#8 willmax95

willmax95

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:37 AM

[font=Arial Black]yo momma is micheal jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHEAL JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users