Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox not working,even after removing and re-installing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BluesSky777

BluesSky777

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

Hi, I have Windows 7.Recently I have had problems with using Firefox.I click on the Firefox icon, but the browser doesn't come up on the computer screen,rather,it goes way off to the right side,off the screen.So Firefox is running (when I click on task manager,it shows that it is running),it just does not register on the screen.

I've tried removing Firefox and re-installing it,but this makes no difference.

Chrome works fine.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

Try a clean uninstall of Firefox. That means running the uninstaller and then doing a search for Firefox and deleting all that is found.

Click on Start and enter Firefox in the search box. Delete files found. Do a search for Mozilla and delete all files found. That will remove your Firefox profile that

includes passwords and bookmarks along with other custom settings and add-ons.

Reboot and reinstall Firefox. A better, faster, private browser for today | Firefox

Edited by buddy215, 26 October 2017 - 06:27 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,886 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

Have you tried ALT+TAB to cycle between processes when Firefox is up?   Once you have focus on the program try issuing the maximize shortcut (Windows Key + Up Arrow).  

I imagine that the Firefox program is shown in the task bar. 

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#4 BluesSky777

BluesSky777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

Thanks very much

Edited by BluesSky777, 26 October 2017 - 07:05 PM.

#5 BluesSky777

BluesSky777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

I tried uninstalling everything associated with Mozilla-Firefox,but after I re-install Firefox and click on it's icon,it doesn't work.I tried the Alt+Tab,nothing changes...not sure if I am doing it correctly.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

Is there anything else that is funky on the computer...strange events...errors...sloooowness....?

Have you checked in the Device Manager to see if there are any problems?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users