Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Card Fraud = Dodgy Laptop?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DistressedNovice

DistressedNovice

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

Hi

Ive recently discovered that my bank card was being used fraudulently. My bank advised that I check the security of my laptop.

Ive run Malwarebytes, Avast, SuperAntispyware and all come through clear.

I did uninstall ZoneAlarm a few months ago as it kept failing to start and switched to running on Windows Firewall and Avast AV.

I just installed Comodo as I could not re-install ZoneAlarm and after the installation completed a popbox box showed the following message System Restore completed successfully. Your system has been restored to (same date as when card was fraudulently used). Your documents have not been affected..

Ive also noted recently that login pages with the secure padlock often reload and claim Ive entered incorrect login details.

Im a little freaked out. Could be a coincidence or maybe not. Are there any other ways to check Im not affected by keyloggers etc? Could other devices (phones or pads) on same home network be affected?

Please would you kindly assist. Any and all advice appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users