Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail Dropdown Option Don't Respond In Firefox

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

About the only thing else I can think of is a clean uninstall of Firefox. That includes deleting your passwords and Bookmarks. You can save

your Bookmarks before uninstalling. I save passwords by taking screen shots of them. To save bookmarks click on Bookmarks and choose

Show All Bookmarks. Choose Import and Backup. Export Bookmarks to HTML and save on your Desktop.

Run the Firefox uninstaller. Then click on Start and enter Firefox in the Search Box. Delete all the files found. Run another search using Mozilla. Delete

all the files found. That will remove your Firefox profile.

Download Firefox from Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 chiiibill

chiiibill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

Will give it a try.

As my bookmarks increase daily, I make a habit of backing them up and also exporting as HTML. So that is no problem.

Hopefully a clean install will do it.

Thanks once again. Much appreciated.

#18 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,116 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

Please report the results....good or bad.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#19 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,116 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

Lasers reveal the secrets of a feathered dinosaur fossil | Popular Science

anchiornis.jpg?itok=qy4caLOd&fc=50,50

Artist's reconstruction of the dinosaur Anchiornis

Julius T. Csotonyi

#20 chiiibill

chiiibill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for the link. Good article. Once had dreams of becoming a paleontologist. Ok... Uninstalled Firefox (via Control Panel). Installed latest version. Not sure how, but it added my settings and add-ons. Decided to check Firefox Help dropdown. Went to troubleshoot. Selected Refresh Firefox. It was restored to 'factory settings' and without problem- default settings and no add-ons. I adjusted settings, still no issues. Added add-ons testing after each one and found the issue. It was 'Right Click & Copy' that caused this mess. Dumped it and issue is now resolved. I don't know why I didn't notice that it was enabled......

Never would have thought this extension would wreak so much havoc. Sorry I didn't catch it earlier.

Thanks again for the the support and see you at Jurassic Park.

Edited by chiiibill, 01 November 2017 - 07:15 PM.

#21 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,305 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:04 PM

Glad you've found your solution!!

Add-Ons are well known sources of problems cropping up out of nowhere, particularly as the browser itself is updated but (at least often) the add-ons are not.  Virtually every web browser (all that I've worked with) have a way to start themselves with all add-ons intentionally disabled so you can see if the issue you're having is add-on related or related to the browser software itself.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#22 chiiibill

chiiibill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

Much appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users