G'day again Beel...Softeyes may just have a point there....when i click on the google.com.ie .....I get "Firefox can’t find the server at www.google.com.ie."........
Just a thin chance that a browser hijacker is trying you out.
Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Alternate download: http://www.itxassociates.com/OT-Tools/TFC.exe
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
- The tool will start to update the database if one is required.
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Logfile button.
- A window will open which lists the logs of your scans.
- Click on the Scan tab.
- Double-click the most recent scan which will be at the top of the list....the log will appear.
- Review the results...see note below
- After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[CX].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of X represents the most recent report).
- To open a Cleaning log, launch AdwareClearer, click on the Logfile button, click on the Cleaning tab and double-click the log at the top of the list.
- Copy and paste the contents of AdwCleaner[CX].txt in your next reply.
- A copy of all logfiles are saved to C:\AdwCleaner.
-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name or entry that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on and uncheck any items you want to keep.
download rkill to your desktop as well as Malwarebytes (if you already have it, then no need to download it)
Run Rkill and Mbam with NO reboot inbetween.
Copy and paste both logs into your reply.
Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- If using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- Do not reboot until instructed.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.
When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.
Post it in your next reply.
NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.
I am going to assume you already run malwarebytes.
If you dont....just let me know and I will give you the link.
The free version works quite well, and gives good protection when run once a week or so.
Condobloke ...Outback Australian
fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3 EXCLUSIVELY.
“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy