Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dungeon Siege

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 garnetwr

garnetwr

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

For some time now, I've been unable to run Dungeon Siege. Everytime I attempt to run it, it tries to come up in a "game" window, but immediately minimizes. When I try to maximize the screen, it goes through the motions of opening, but again, immediately minimizes.

I've noticed that my wife also has the same problem when she tries to run a game she downloaded from Pogo.com

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:34 PM

Was dungeon-siege dos based ? I thought it was designed for windows.

#3 garnetwr

garnetwr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:45 AM

Was dungeon-siege dos based ? I thought it was designed for windows.

Maybe it was... all I know is that it was running in my XP environment before and then one day it just started minimizing itself. I cannot get it to run in a window.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:11 PM

When it minimized, and you click on it, press the alt and the enter keys at the same time. Does it maximize?

#5 garnetwr

garnetwr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:16 PM

When it minimized, and you click on it, press the alt and the enter keys at the same time. Does it maximize?

It tries to, but all I get is a blank, black screen. At this point it either (1) minimizes again, or (2) locks up or freezes the machine.

Ultimately, if I try to maximize the program, it will eventually freeze the machine.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

Try downloading and installing a new driver for your video card. See if that helps.

#7 garnetwr

garnetwr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:06 PM

Try downloading and installing a new driver for your video card. See if that helps.

I will try that. Please keep this thread open until I resolve this! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users