Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Try to install McAfee and get "This app has been blocked for your protection"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Levy_Py_Jr

Levy_Py_Jr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

After "installed" a downloaded torrent, I received a lot of malware, my pc become slow, as I tried to install McAfee antivirus I get the message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app", so I searched and did the "cmd user administrator /active:yes" and using the administrator account tried, the McAfee antivirus simple not star (the installer). I run the "sfc scannow" and didn't have problems, run the tdsskiller in default, no problem, run adwcleaner_7.0.3.1 (everything from administrator account because had the same message on my account), found a lot of malware and pup, cleaned, reboot, cleaned again, reboot and now didn't find anything, but I still receiving the message when try to install McAfee, and can't install.

Using windows 10

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:11 AM

Welcome to BC...

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Malwarebytes - Clean Mode

• Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
    Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
    • If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
  • Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply

If you are unable to run a scan using MBAM:

Follow the instructions in the thread below. Make sure to download the MBAR linked in it. Let me know if you're not able to launch it and run a scan.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198907-requested-resource-is-in-use-error-unable-to-start-malwarebytes/

• download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Levy_Py_Jr

Levy_Py_Jr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

Used CCleaner with Default settings, no problem.

Tried to run Malwarebytes, and not started, no error message, the program don't even blink on the screen, followed the link and when download the MBAR Windows Defender say its virus, disabled the real time scan of Windows Defender, downloaded and run the MBAR (only scan for drivers, as the link says), no problem, and I can't start the Malwarebytes.

Stopped here, don't used the Junkware Removal Tool, because I stopped at Malwarebytes.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,253 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:38 AM

Go ahead and run the JRT scan.

Run this tool, too:

AVCertClean that will scan the Disallowed registry key for legitimate blocked keys and remove them. To use the tool, simply download and execute it. The program will then automatically remove blocked certificates.

When the program has finished, it will display a log that lists the certificates that were cleaned by AVCertClean.

Now that the certificates are no longer being blocked, users can install and run their security programs in order to clean their computer. In some situations, user's may need to restart the application in order to get them to run.

For example, for Malwarebytes to run after cleaning the certs, users should go into the Windows Service Manager (services.msc) and restart the Malwarebytes Service.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Levy_Py_Jr

Levy_Py_Jr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

Run the JRT and got the log bellow.

Run AVCertClean, a lot of blocked certificates was removed.

Now I can run the McAfee, but I still can't run the Malwarebytes, even going to Windows Service Manager and restarted the Malwarebytes Service.

JRT Log:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 8.1.4 (07.09.2017)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 
Ran by Administrador (Administrator) on 26/10/2017 at 10:58:24,91

File System: 0 

Registry: 0 

Scan was completed on 26/10/2017 at 11:02:26,01
End of JRT log

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,253 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:49 AM

After McAfee finishes its scan...reboot and try Malwarebytes. If it still won't run...uninstall it and reinstall.

Please post what McAfee finds if anything.

If Malwarebytes still won't install or run after install...follow the directions below for starting a new topic in the malware removal forum.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

#7 Levy_Py_Jr

Levy_Py_Jr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

buddy215, thanks for the help, takes a long time, but finished the McAfee complete scan, found 6 problems and solved, I don't find the log to post here.

Rebooted and tried to start the Malwarebytes, didn't started, uninstalled and reinstalled, still won't run.

So I followed the instructions and created a new topic with the logs at: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/661194/malwarebytes-wont-run/

Thanks again, can close this, I will follow the next topic. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users