Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random bsod after video card upgrade

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jade_Monkey07

Jade_Monkey07

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/MqLYV30PAU7wPh0I278smK4

I had an old gtx 750ti and upgraded to a radeon 580 8gb, and a second pair of 8 gig corsair ram (32 total now from 16, i matched the ram to the original stuff) and since the install I get bsod every 10 minutes or so. please help!

im currenty working on the other tests

Edit: the specs sheet doesnt give much on the ram its cmk16gx4m2a2666c16
4x 8 gig corsair 2666mhz

Edited by Jade_Monkey07, 25 October 2017 - 07:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jade_Monkey07

Jade_Monkey07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

I've got the boot disk made for the memory test. I'll have to run it later tonight.
As for the hard drive test I run 4 ssd in raid 0 so not sure how I would test that. I imagine it's not the issue since it began with the new ram and video card install

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

Going from a GTX 750 Ti to an RX 580 is a big leap. What is the make/model/age/wattage of your PSU? Your old PSU may not be able to handle it. Try using your old graphics card — does the system still BSOD?

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 Jade_Monkey07

Jade_Monkey07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

Going from a GTX 750 Ti to an RX 580 is a big leap. What is the make/model/age/wattage of your PSU? Your old PSU may not be able to handle it. Try using your old graphics card — does the system still BSOD?

Im going to run the memory test now, and ill start part swapping tomorrow in the evening.

the whole system is only a year old I just used an old video card from a buddy to save on the cost. I needed a quick and dirty editing machine and had limited funds. 

I have a cx600 power supply and my estimated power usage while gaming from here https://outervision.com/b/kF2slb is 

Load Wattage:374 W

Recommended PSU Wattage:424 W

I feel this is well within the safe zone. plus none of my BSOD are under load. last one was while typing one of these posts in chrome with nothing else running. it actually hasn't happened while gaming or benchmarking it always seems to be in between.

good thought based on the information I had provided so far. thanks for the reply

#5 Jade_Monkey07

Jade_Monkey07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

Alright. Memtest came back with errors after about 20 minutes so I pulled the two new sticks. I'll just run through the process of elimination to rule out either the new sticks or old sticks. Or the slots on the board.
Judging by how long 3 passes takes, I'll get back to you in a week Lol :'D

#6 Jade_Monkey07

Jade_Monkey07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:48 AM

Old sticks came back clean 4 passes in all slots. New sticks are garbage unless there's a chance that the memory controller cant handle the 4 but is fine with two(for whatever reason). It's been a long day I didn't test only the new sticks. I'm just going to return them. Oh and while testing one of the fans on the new gpu started running all caddywhompas and vibrating. Just my luck, it's going back too.
Thanks for the tools to figure this out. let's hope new parts get me up and running again

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

Glad to hear you found the real problem. :) Thanks for letting us know.

Edited by bwv848, 26 October 2017 - 08:00 AM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users