Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 santare

santare

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

I have a HP Deskjet D2360 printer. The printer is not working. I went to the device manager and the printer isn't listed there. However, it has a green check in Device and Printers. The printer is connected to the computer. The printer is now shown on device manager after some solution involving cmd found on the internet. Device manager says that this device is not connected to the computer and is showing error 45. I would like some help in getting that printer running. The only way I can get the printer to show up in device manager is by following this:

Hi,

Follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persists.

a.Click Start, type cmd.
b.At command promptright click and select "Run as Administrator" type the following command , and then press ENTER:
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
c.Type the following command a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
start devmgmt.msc
d.Troubleshoot the devices and drivers in Device Manager.
NOTE: Click Show hidden devices on the View menu in Device Manager before you can see devices that are not connected to the computer.

Edited by santare, 25 October 2017 - 10:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

This sounds rather as if your printer has gone and died on you but it would definitely be worth your while to completely uninstall the printer and re-install its drivers. You can get the drivers here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-d2300-printer-series/1841737/model/1101015/drivers

or from MS Update if you are running Win 10. If you go to the HP site download the 'Quick set-up' guide as well and follow it. Printers can be very fussy about the installation sequence.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away on holiday until the 13th May. While I expect to have internet access my time on-line may well be limited and PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal.

#3 santare

santare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

I use Windows 7 and Windows 7 says I have uptodate drivers.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,884 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

Whatever drivers your printer's manufacturer has on its support pages for Windows 7 is the latest version of drivers they support.

Chris's advice is excellent, and what I have often done myself.  When I have to uninstall and reinstall I always use the "full package" and not just the drivers, as there are usually at least a couple of utilities that come with the full package that are useful.  I've also had less trouble with this route since these installers tend to do lots of communications checks with the printer/multi-function itself as part of the install, including the printing of a test page, which I always do.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users