Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 angieabk

angieabk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

I have been trying all day to load my microsoft office publisher. I keep getting an error message: Error 1305 reading from file....

I've tried cleaning the disk, changing the drive, starting the PC in "clean boot"... nothing works! Can anyone help me?

angie

Mod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by jgweed, 22 September 2006 - 03:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:10 PM

Give the full error if you can, are you loading publisher from a cd? is the cd new?

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:30 PM

Examine and verify that the CD-ROM is clean and is operable.

Take the CD-ROM out of the computer and visibly check it for scratches and other impurities. Wipe it gently with a lint-free cloth.

Test the CD in another CD-ROM drive. If the CD-ROM works correctly in the other CD-ROM drive, verify and possibly repair issues concerning the CD-ROM drive.

If the CD-ROM works in another CD-ROM drive, the first CD-ROM drive may be dirty, broken or need updated drivers. Contact the computer and/or CD-ROM drive manufacturer for any available CD-ROM drive driver updates.

One workaround may be to copy the entire contents of the installation CD on to the local hard drive of the target installation computer then install the software from the copy. This may not work if the CD-ROM is too badly damaged or if another CD-ROM drive is not available, etc., however, it may help decrease the troubleshooting time if the installation needs to be completed quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users