Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop never finish booting

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vickonovianto

vickonovianto

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

I have Windows 10 in my laptop. I turned on Automatic Updates on Windows 10. Yesterday my laptop was still running well. This morning I turned on my laptop but my laptop never finish booting. I have tried running Startup Repair but the output if the Startup Repair is Startup Repair cannot fix your problem. Please give me the next action that I need to to. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,004 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:39 AM

When did you shut off automatic updates? What was going on when you had automatic updates off? How long have you owned this PC? Was this PC upgraded to Windows 10 or was it initially built with Windows 10?

What are your system specs? What version of Windows 10 were you running when it worked right?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

How to force Windows to open the Recovery options.

1. Press the power button to start the computer.  When Windows begins to boot press and hold the power button until the computer turns off.  Continue to do this until you see Recovery, select the See advanced repair options.  This usually will take two or three restarts to do this.

2. You will see the option Troubleshoot, select this option.

3. The next option you want is Reset this PC.

This option will reinstall the operating system with the option to keep your personal files.  The downside of this is that this will uninstall all of your third party applications.  There will be an option to view the applications which will be uninstalled, I would suggest copying this list for a future reference.

Edited by dc3, 25 October 2017 - 03:06 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,004 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

Although what dc3 wrote might be great advice for another person in a different situation, for you I would recommend downloading a new installation file on a different computer and creating a new installation disc. Then you can enter into the repair mode.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

Although what dc3 wrote might be great advice for another person in a different situation, for you I would recommend downloading a new installation file on a different computer and creating a new installation disc. Then you can enter into the repair mode.

Rocky... as usual you are wrong.  My suggestion is a workable solution to this problem without doing a fresh installation.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,004 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

Rocky... as usual you are wrong.  My suggestion is a workable solution to this problem without doing a fresh installation.

I did not suggest a fresh installation. Read the first post of this thread and then ACTUALLY read my suggestion.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

@DC3 '5

@Rocky Bennett #6

Gentlemen, let us remember that the object of the topic is to solve the OP's problem - not to snipe at each other.

Chris Cosgrove

#8 vickonovianto

vickonovianto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

I always turn on automatic updates. 

I have owned this PC for almost 1 year. 

This PC was initially installed with DOS, and then installed with Windows 10 manually.

My system specs : 

- ASUS A456UQ

- CPU: Intel Core i7-6500U up to 3.1GHz

- Memory: 8GB DDR4

- HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM

- CD Drive: yes

- VGA : NVIDIA GeForce GT 940MX 2 GB

Now I am restoring my PC from backup, and then my PC works well. But when I turn it off and then I turn it on again, my PC hangs again when booting. So I must repetedly restoring from backup. Should I do a reset?

Edited by vickonovianto, 30 October 2017 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users