Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need instruction on setting up a website.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Gunn

Sam Gunn

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

I need help on two issues about setting up a website.

Last week, I went to a website, and registered a domain name. I then went to  awardspace, and signed up to host a website. They have free web hosting.

I click on something on the page, and this came up.

==

Thank you for hosting your domain with us! Please note however  that your domain DNS servers are currently not pointed to us. They need to be pointed to our DNS servers; ns5.awardspace.com in order for your domain to start working normally.

=

I did email, and got a reply from them, but still not sure how to do it.

Another issue is having links in columns, or rows. I'm going to post links to comic strips. These links will go to either gocomics, or to the Seattle Post. I know how to post a link so that it will show up as a word, but not to have them in more than one column. The way it would look is like this. From A to F would be in the first column. The next column would go from letters G, to L, and then the next column from M to R. There would be about five columns in all. I have something like that on wordpress, but all in just one column.  I'm not going to put up any pictures. Might later on.  But for now just text.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sam Gunn

Sam Gunn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:50 AM

Ok, here is an update. I figured out the DNS part. So I got that done now. I just need to know how to have the links in columns. I would like to have about five columns.

#3 Sam Gunn

Sam Gunn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

I haven't worked on the website yet. Still working on the Wordpress site. I'm not using any software to set up the website. I'm doing it by hand. This is how the Wordpress site looks.  https://comicslistings.wordpress.com/ 

This is how I separate the columns.

<div style="width:20%;padding:0 10px 0 0;float:left;"> 

<div style="width:20%;padding:0 10px 0 0;float:left;">

<div style="width:50%;padding:0 10px 0 0;float:right;">

Its not even. Does anybody know what I should do to make it even?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users