Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apps starting with Windows after Fall update

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JKNwtf

JKNwtf

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

Hello, I would like some help to fix this issue. Basically, the apps that I had previously open just before I shut my PC down will now start up automatically at startup. For example, if before shutting the computer down I had Chrome open on Bleeping Computer, when I turn on my PC the next time, it will automatically open Chrome on that page. Same thing happens with other apps, such as uTorrent, even if I do not have it to open at startup from settings. This happened right after updating Windows to 1709. Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

This is new feature of the fall creators update Microsoft has not included any setting that will turn off this feature. Solution is for now is to close everything you are working on before powering off you computer.

2GvnEq2.gif

#3 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:01 PM

Hi, folder options "view" uncheck the box "Restore previous folder windows at logon".

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

Hi, folder options "view" uncheck the box "Restore previous folder windows at logon".

That option does not restores opened programs it restores folders that were opened.

2GvnEq2.gif

#5 JKNwtf

JKNwtf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:03 AM

OK, I guess we have to wait then. Thanks a lot.

#6 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

Hi, not happening on any of our machines, odd I just found out about it, maybe this will help:-

https://superuser.com/questions/1261910/after-windows-10-fall-creators-update-recent-used-app-will-launch-on-startup

#7 JKNwtf

JKNwtf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

Hi, not happening on any of our machines, odd I just found out about it, maybe this will help:-

https://superuser.com/questions/1261910/after-windows-10-fall-creators-update-recent-used-app-will-launch-on-startup

Sadly, this didn't work. Thanks for your help though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users