Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange FPS drops when using DisplayPort

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Liamdoherty5

Liamdoherty5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum and after looking around for a place to request help on this issue it seems most recommend here. :) I am currently using an AOC G2460F and have been for the past month or so after receiving it from a friend who no longer needed it. The games I mostly play are Overwatch, CSGO and PUBG and although Overwatch runs fine the other two do not and haven't been ever since I got this monitor it seems. It simply feels as though i'm getting fps drops and frame stutters in these games (most noticable in PUBG).  Originally I thought my CPU or GPU may be faulty but the in game steam overlay shows that I am constantly getting over 100fps in these games (240fps in CSGO). My specs should be more than enough to run any of these games with ease I would imagine (see specs below). However, yesterday I decided to try and run my PC with an HDMI connection instead of DisplayPort and all the games ran like butter. The only problem I noticed was horrible screen tearing with which I enabled V sync and this was no longer an issue. What could this problem be then? A faulty monitor? A faulty display port cable (unlikely i'm guessing). It may also be worth noting that the in game graphic settings do not make a difference with this and that another friend has literally an identicle setup to myself with the exception of playing on a TV instead of a monitor and his games run flawlessly.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

My specs:

AOC G2460F

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Intel Core i7 7700k 4.2Ghz

16.0GB Dual-Channe RAM

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B250M-A (LGA1151)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA)

232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-21WN4A0 (SATA)

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum and after looking around for a place to request help on this issue it seems most recommend here. :) I am currently using an AOC G2460F and have been for the past month or so after receiving it from a friend who no longer needed it. The games I mostly play are Overwatch, CSGO and PUBG and although Overwatch runs fine the other two do not and haven't been ever since I got this monitor it seems. It simply feels as though i'm getting fps drops and frame stutters in these games (most noticable in PUBG).  Originally I thought my CPU or GPU may be faulty but the in game steam overlay shows that I am constantly getting over 100fps in these games (240fps in CSGO). My specs should be more than enough to run any of these games with ease I would imagine (see specs below). However, yesterday I decided to try and run my PC with an HDMI connection instead of DisplayPort and all the games ran like butter. The only problem I noticed was horrible screen tearing with which I enabled V sync and this was no longer an issue. What could this problem be then? A faulty monitor? A faulty display port cable (unlikely i'm guessing). It may also be worth noting that the in game graphic settings do not make a difference with this and that another friend has literally an identicle setup to myself with the exception of playing on a TV instead of a monitor and his games run flawlessly.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

My specs:

AOC G2460F

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Intel Core i7 7700k 4.2Ghz

16.0GB Dual-Channe RAM

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B250M-A (LGA1151)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA)

232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-21WN4A0 (SATA)

Thanks.

Hi Liam,

have a look....Here

Others having same issue with same monitor. So either it has firmware issues and needs a firmware update, or i's a complete lemon and needs to be squeezed in the trash compactor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users