Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi guys am having trouble saving files in to my computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tgebre

tgebre

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

While I am trying to save my files to my computer, I am having the following message, file not found check the file name and try again. This is the exact error code I get

Edited by tgebre, 24 October 2017 - 03:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tgebre

tgebre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Please kindly help me, I am in a big hurry

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:03 PM

Hi tgebre,

Are you sure you didn't cut and paste the file already, or by accident delete it? Sometimes the explore window that you are on has not yet refreshed to reflect that and it looks as though the file is still there. Try closing out the explorer window and navigate to the file location once more. Is the file being copied on or from a flash drive? Sometimes they may hang and become disconnected even though they are connected. That is either due to a corrupt dying flash drive, wear on the usb ports, shorted cable, port dmg.

#4 tgebre

tgebre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

Dear Tech,

I am not copied and paste it. I just downloaded it or creating new word work book file and the while I tried to save the the file, I am having the error. My operating system is windows 10 and its updating continuously and that's when the problem came

Edited by tgebre, 24 October 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

You should let windows finish updating. Restart pc there might be option to continue update. Then try downloading file again.

#6 tgebre

tgebre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

Hi Tech,

It's after upgrading the system that I started having the problem. Now I have uninstalled the updates but the problem still exists 

Edited by tgebre, 24 October 2017 - 04:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users