Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying To Install Older Printer(help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pks413

pks413

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

Trying to install an epson stylus 600 printer, (other printer died), but when i insert the cd I get a message that says the driver needs to be updated...went to the epson.com and found my printer but am unsure what driver to install...tried the one for windows xp but then after it downloaded I got the message "It was not the enviroment which this modules applies...Does this mean I can't use this printer at all? Can't afford a different one right now...Am fairly new to some of this stuff...Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:41 PM

Hi, pks413:

What operating system are you using? If you are using XP, the printer should exist after you use the Add a printer option in the Printer and Faxes utility. According to the Epson website, the driver is built-in with Windows XP. The CD you are using should only have drivers for operating systems prior to XP.

I also looked on the Epson website for an updated driver, and I didn't find any drivers listed except for a Third Party Accounting Software Patch.

Hope that helps,
JC

#3 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:13 PM

I checked, and XP does have a built in driver for the Stylus600, so you shouldn't have to worry about getting any other driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users