Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popcorn.net

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 meg1

meg1

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

Hi all,
When I open internet explorer I keep getting a popup fron popcorn.net saying my three day trail is up.Click here to purchase a licence and stop these reminders.As I didnt sign up for this and dont want it I would like to delete it permanently from my pc. I found the folder it is in its in program files under the name fsupport.I keep right cliking and deleting the folder but it keeps coming back.I would appreciate any help in getting rid of this.
Thanks in advance.
Meg.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:27 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry359455

See the above post.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

I suggest you submit a HJT log for review by our team; they will help you get rid of it. Please follow the instructions here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 meg1

meg1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

Thanks john have now posted a hijack this log.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,998 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:09 PM

I realize a Hijack This log has been posted, but I think this case is an exception to the rules.

http://www.schrockinnovations.com/removepopcorn.php
UPDATED REMOVE Popcorn.net INSTRUCTIONS:
The Popcorn.net website has updated their terms and conditions. In uppercase bold letters they now state that if you use the Popcorn.net trial service, the Popcorn.net Download Manager software will remain on your computer until you meet your "obligations" (i.e. pay them a subscription fee). Even the remove Popcorn.net link in your Add/Remove programs will not eliminate the Popcorn.net Download Manager software.
Popcorn.net used to offer a phone number to cancel and remove Popcorn.net, however they have since routed that number to voicemail. In case you need the Popcorn.net phone number, it is: (866) 431-7720. They have now created a remove Popcorn.net customer service cancellation web page where you can request that your Popcorn.net software be canceled and the Download Manager be removed. You can attempt to complete their remove Popcorn.net cancellation instructions, however reports indicate that when users visit the page, Popcorn.net demands money to remove Popcorn.net' Download Manager popups from your computer. To attempt their remove Popcorn.net process, click on The Popcorn.net Cancellation Page and follow the remove Popcorn.net instructions listed there.

When you click on the link, you will be directed to a page that attempts to detect the Popcorn.net and Popcorn.net software on your computer. If it is detected, then you will be admitted into the remove Popcorn.net cancellation area. If you attempted to remove Popcorn.net in whole or in part already, you will be prompted to reinstall Popcorn.net and/or Popcorn.net on your PC. DO NOT REINSTALL Popcorn.net!! If the link takes you to a remove Popcorn.net page, do not, under any circumstances, provide any additional information about yourself such as your phone number, name, address, social security number, credit card number or bank account number to Popcorn.net.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canceling your Popcorn.net account before you remove Popcorn.net is a technically important step. Even if you do not think you set up a Popcorn.net / Popcorn.net account, one was set up when the Popcorn.net software was installed on your computer. When you installed the Popcorn.net software on your PC (intentionally or not) you agreed to cancel your account before the end of your trial. While this removal tutorial doe not offer any legal or financial advice, it would be prudent to cancel your Popcorn.net account if at all possible before you remove Popcorn.net to prevent any additional debts from piling up. If you do not cancel your Popcorn.net account before you remove Popcorn.net / Popcorn.net, you could be billed for an entire year of Popcorn.net service (the price varies, but could be as much as $359.88 USD).

Further, reports indicate that if you refuse to pay Popcorn.net, attempt to remove Popcorn.net software without paying Popcorn.net, dispute the Popcorn.net charges on your credit card, or cancel your Popcorn.net account in any way that is not in accordance with the Popcorn.net / Popcorn.net cancellation policy, that Popcorn.net may threaten you with bad marks on your credit report. Their terms of service make reference to their right to do so, although we have not found a single instance of an individual who was actually pursued.

If you have already paid money to remove Popcorn.net, it is IMPERATIVE that you follow their Popcorn.net removal directions and cancel your Popcorn.net / Popcorn.net account before you remove Popcorn.net from your computer. To cancel your account, please visit the Popcorn.net cancellation webpage. If you do not wish to cancel your Popcorn.net account or you can not access the remove Popcorn.net cancellation website, you should proceed with the remove Popcorn.net tutorial by clicking on the links below to move on to the remove Popcorn.net instructions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you have canceled your Popcorn.net and/or Popcorn.net account, use the links below to manually remove Popcorn.net / Popcorn.net software from your PC and stop those annoying Popcorn.net trial software popups! The remove Popcorn.net process is quite easy and only involves 4 simple, FREE steps.

Follow the links below to continue the remove Popcorn.net tutorial.

<1 2 3 4> <next> Return to DIY

Were your Decieved By Popcorn.net? Click Here to Join the Class Action Lawsuit!

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users