Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer keeps freezing!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The-Administrater

The-Administrater

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:54 AM

Can a computer that freezes frequently cause damage? I do not want to have to leave the portable gas fire on next to it all the time in winter.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 22 November 2017 - 07:35 PM.
Moved from General Chat to Internal Hardware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AnythingButMalware

AnythingButMalware

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

If it has a HDD rather than a SSD, I could imagine the disc disc inside being able to bust. I could be wrong though. An alternative method could be to use blankets or something of the sort and put over the machine while it is shut off.

Have you tried turning it off and back on? :P

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:38 PM

I don't understand the question...

"Freeze" as in seizing up...is totally unrelated to "freeze" as in temperature/weather.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 23 November 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:20 PM

How "cold" are we talking, here? Any computer should be okay mechanically down to at least 20° F, maybe even to 0°. Heat is the bad boy of computers, not cold.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users