Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

worth it?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 charlesf6

charlesf6

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

Good Morning All,

Interested in knowing if it is worth taking a shot at restoring a 2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3531 

by getting a new battery & power cord. We stopped using it awhile back when it wouldn't 

power on anymore, we thought it was the power supply cord then and purchased a new

one from Dell but it didn't help when contacted to return the new cord they said that we could

ship it back and they would also take back the laptop to diagnose and assess if wanted.

We declined and decided to get an opinion from an IT friend at work who said he thought it could be

the motherboard and that would cost $200-300 so we stopped right there with it.

I just pulled the case out of a corner while cleaning my room yesterday and am trying to 

make a decision before removing the hard drive. The old power cord is gone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,439 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:43 PM

Unless there is some specific attachment to that laptop and you than I say no it isn't worth it.

You can find a good refurbish laptop from Dell for a very reasonable price.

Laptops are pretty much a disposable product so remove the hard drive and the memory before you toss it.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users