Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aolivieri54

aolivieri54

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:17 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from 2014 topic, https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542162/urgent-computer-failing-test-for-job - Hamluis.

so these are my pc specs and i fail system date is it becuase my pc is old?  is there a way to bypass it?

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 23 October 2017 - 05:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aolivieri54

aolivieri54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

I suggest you check with the company. I'm sure they have confronted this problem before. It's their customized software.

You might try turning off any active security programs and trouble shoot JAVA.

Test Java Ensure that Java is enabled in your browser

Once the Java installation has completed, you can use the following test page to verifiy that Java is working in your browser. It is possible that Java has been disabled in your browser and if so, the browser will show a message within the test applet on the page.
» Verify that Java is working in your browser using the Test Java page.

Uninstall Old Versions of Java Remove all old Java versions to reduce security risks

Keeping old and unsupported versions of Java on your system presents a serious security risk. Uninstalling older versions of Java from your system ensures that Java applications will run with the most up-to-date security and performance improvements.
» Remove old Java versions

Find Java Options to find installed Java versions

» Use the Verify or Test Java applets (recommended)
» If you can't run applets, find the
Java version using the manual method (Windows only)

Always redirected to Java.com when visiting a page with a Java app. Install the latest Java version

The continual redirection to java.com was a known issue affecting Java versions 7u25 and older. This issue is fixed as of 7u40 release of Java. To prevent the redirect to java.com, download Java version 7u40 or higher from http://java.com

hello?

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,410 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

aolivieri54 you have posted in an old topic.

Better to start your own.

But looking at what you posted....is the time shown on the desktop correct? Is it often showing the wrong time?

Start a topic in the Windows 10 Support  Forum along with the image you posted in this forum for help. Post in that

new topic the answers to my questions. Someone much more knowledgeable about Windows 10 than I will help you.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:18 AM

The release date for this computer was in January of 2010.  I suspect that age has had an effect on at least your CMOS battery, this is what keeps the computer time.  It's time to replace the battery.  Being a desktop this is comparatively easy to change out, it cost between $4. and $5. depending where you purchase it.

HP has posted instructions for replacing the CMOS battery.  With the images provided in the instructions it's easy to follow. This must be done with the computer turn off.

When you open the case touch the metal of the case to discharge any static-electricity that may be in your body.  A electrostatic discharge as small as 10V can kill integrated circuits, like the chips on the RAM module/s.

There is an image in the instructions of the CMOS battery where a torx driver is pressed against the release clip of the battery housing.  This clip needs to be pushed away from the battery to release it.  Important!:  Look at the surface of the battery as it rests in its socket and take note of the polarity, this battery is usually facing positive (+) side up.  The new battery must be installed facing the same way.

After the battery is installed restart the computer.  Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png  and the R key to open the Run box.

When the Run box opens type in control, then click/tap on OK.  This will open the Control Panel.

Click/tap on Date and time, select Change Date and time, change the Date first, then the time to the current am or pm time.  After the date and time has been reset click/tap of Apply, then [/b]OK[/b].  If this doesn't hold you will need to reset the date and time in the BIOS.

At seven years old this computer is reaching the point where components will begin to breakdown, a good example are the electrolytic capacitors found in the motherboard and PSU.  The electrolytics start breaking down which will effect the computer's ability to maintain a consistent voltage.  I don't mean to appear as the voice of doom, I just believe you should be aware that computers don't live forever.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users