Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trying ti update from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tbridenbeck4519

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

Purchased a Windows 7 Pro upgrade for a good price but when I try to update my office computer the update fails with the message - Windows is not genuine.  My system was donated over a year ago and it has been working fine up until last week when we started getting the same message when we turned on the computer.  We are a very small non-profit and rely on donations for just about everything we use in the office with the exception of the books we sell.  Microsoft wants $499.oo to provide me with telephone support which is not in my budget.  Is there anyone out there that can help me get this update done.  I want to eventually be able to do Remote Access to the office computer from home.

Thank you in advance,

Teri Bridenbeck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,511 posts
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

I suggest you call Microsoft Windows Activation: (800) 718-1599

If you have a legitimate copy of Windows they can help you. If not, neither they nor we can be of assistance.

#3 hamluis

• 55,000 posts
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:36 PM

FWIW:  Going from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 7 Pro...is not an upgrade, it's a downgrade.

"Good prices" today for Microsoft software...are often illegal installs since many sites facilitate such with "bargain" prices.

If I wanted to go from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 7 Pro...I would buy a valid, licensed copy of Pro and clean install it.

Win 7 Pro For Sale

#4 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,153 posts
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

You would be required to purchase a copy of Window 7 Pro if you wanted to change your version.  You would need the product code for the Pro version to be able to activate your copy.  The only way you can legally acquire this product code is to purchase it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users