Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roryambrose

roryambrose

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:43 PM

:thumbsup:
I have Microsoft Office 2000 and run Outlook for email. I have a new computer and don't want to slog in all the addresses by hand. How do I transfer the email addresses from the old computer to the new one (the software is the same on both)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:54 PM

Go to File
Import and Export
On the wizard that appears select "export to a file" Next
Personal Folder File (.pst) Next
Personal Folders
then follow the rest of the wizard through so that you save the file somewhere suitable and either copy it to CD (it will be far too big for a floppy) or use some other method to transfer it to the new machine.

Then on the new machine select File, Import and Export and import the file.

Good luck!
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users