Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad blocker

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:19 AM

I'm looking for the best blocker for win 8.1 64 bit. Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

Hi, jburd1800!

It would help to know which browser you use, because not all ad blockers support all browsers.

Personally, I use the first alternative because it blocks more than the second:

1. uBlock Origin for Chrome, Firefox
  2. Adblock Plus for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, SWB, WPP, HMP.A with CryptoGuard, CryptoPrevent Free, MB Free, SIRI? and Unchecky, WFW, FF with µBO, Ghostery, HTTPS Ew and VTzilla. Acronis TI 2017, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 22 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:49 AM

Sorry...I use Internet explorer

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#4 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

Hi again, jburd1800!

OK, then I suggest you try the second option.

Both will block ads just fine, but please make sure to uncheck Allow Acceptable Ads in Settings.

Here is Adblock Plus FAQs and Adblock Plus Features.

Good luck! :)

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 23 October 2017 - 10:32 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, SWB, WPP, HMP.A with CryptoGuard, CryptoPrevent Free, MB Free, SIRI? and Unchecky, WFW, FF with µBO, Ghostery, HTTPS Ew and VTzilla. Acronis TI 2017, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 22 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#5 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

Hi again, jburd1800!

I do realize this is a bit late, but anyway, I would like to apologize for not being able to help you. However, I am sure quietman7 will.

As such, I have asked a Moderator to move your topic to the AV/AM forum.

Regards,

midimusicman79

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 49,905 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer as already noted by midimusicman79
Adfender for Internet Explorer
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Windows Insider MVP 2017
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 jburd1800

jburd1800
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:04 PM

Am giving Adblock plus a try and thanks for all your help, as always...

John

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 49,905 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.
Windows Insider MVP 2017

#9 JoseRichardson

JoseRichardson

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:43 AM

- Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer

- AdFender

- AdMuncher

- AdGuard

#10 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:56 PM

Adguard For Windows personally.

Emsisoft Community Manager

#11 Canna

Canna

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:34 PM

If you do decide to switch to another browser such as Chrome or Firefox, I would suggest giving uBlock Origin a go!  It's amazingly light-weight, does a great job, and best of all - opensource!

#12 sailorman4you

sailorman4you

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:05 PM

AdGuard. Free extensions work great for all windows browsers.  The Deals section of this site has a great deal on a lifetime subscription to the "Whole Computer", paid version which is independent of any browser.

#13 JoseRichardson

JoseRichardson

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:15 AM

Deep Freeze Cloud Browser Lockdown - solution for all type of browser failure or management - http://www.faronics.com/deep-freeze-cloud-data-loss-prevention

#14 isaccasi

isaccasi

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:34 PM

Hey I would recommend Ublock Origin,it is compatible with pretty much any browser(even Pale Moon)and it will not slow your browsing experience. :bounce:

#15 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 49,905 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

OP is using Internet Explorer. As far as I am aware, uBlock Origin is only available for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, and Opera.
Windows Insider MVP 2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users