Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Preparing automatic repair loop after rivatuner "uninstall'

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kerias

Kerias

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:48 PM

Hello,
So my computer will simply not start up. When I turn the computer on, first I get about five seconds of the MSI homescreen (just MSI on black), then add the loading wheel for half a second, freezes, then black, then MSI with "preparing automatic repair" for a second, then add on the loading wheel for a second, then freeze, then black, then MSI homescreen for a sec and add the loading wheel... And so on. You get it.
I just uninstalled the companion to afterburner, rivatuner, because when I tried to end the program the UI kept popping back up, and the only way to delete it that I found was to go to the program file, delete everything I could, and then run the uninstall, after which it stated I needed to restart my computer. I did, and here we are.
I run an MSI GE70 2PE PRO-012, windows 10, and I know how to get to the bios. I cannot, however, figure out how to get to the Windows safe mode option.
I know I made a mistake with the rivatuner delete, but please... Send help!

Edited by Kerias, 22 October 2017 - 09:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

You need to be able to boot into Windows to set the computer up to boot into Safe Mode or enable the F8 key to start Safe Mode when the computer is started.  If you can't boot into Windows you are not going to be able to do this. 

Can you boot into the BIOS?  If you can you should create  Windows 10 installation media and do a Refresh using the installation media.

To do a Refresh on a computer which can not boot you will need Windosw 10 Installation Media.

If you don't have installation media you can use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create installation media for either a disc or flash drive.  Follow the instruction for the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC.

In order to use either form of installation media you need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the type of media (disc or USB flash drive) is the first device in the boot order, and the ssd/hdd the second device.

If you are using a disc place it in the tray of your optical drive, close the door and restart the computer.  When the computer recognizes the disc it will instruct you to press any button to boot from the disc.

If you are using a USB flash drive place it in a USB port and restart the computer.  You will receive the message to press any key to boot from the device.

There is a very good tutorial available, you will find it here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users