Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezing No BSOD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ultramankiller

ultramankiller

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

Hi I have been having an issue with my computer over the past few weeks. This had started out of the blue where my computer will freeze on what ever I have on. The computer does not restart on its own I have to restart in manually. It does not matter what I am doing at the time of the freeze. I could be talking on discord, downloading a game, playing a game, or just idle from the computer and it will freeze. It could be within 10 minutes of starting the computer up to many hours. It can also be be anywhere from 1-4 crashes a day. It is absolutely random. There are no errors or BSOD with the freezing. After a few days of this I had decided to just go ahead and wipe my computer clean and do a fresh install of windows. Upon wiping the computer I had installed very few games, programs and the crashing started again. I removed most to any programs on the computer that I could think of to cause the issue, but the computer continues to crash. Any programs that I have now on the computer were on way before any of the crashing began so they should not be the issue. I have ran memtests, hard drive tests, updated all drivers and been following my temps. Hell I even unplugged everything and held down my power button to remove any charge in my psu. Everything seems fine though and I am completely lost as to why this issue is happening. 

I have attached my event viewer log.

Here also is my speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/PT7r4CDFsIhAW7TImhtgq8F 

Edited by ultramankiller, 22 October 2017 - 07:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

Your Speccy Snapshot link doesn't work.  Please try using the instructions below to generate the Snapshot.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy1.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

By the way, you didn't post the event viewer log.  In order to use this information you need to know the date and time that the computer froze so you can look for the error that occurred at that specific time.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ultramankiller

ultramankiller
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

Hi sorry about that
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/PT7r4CDFsIhAW7TImhtgq8F

What is a good place for me to upload my event viewer for you to see it? Having problems finding one atm.

The previous night I had left my computer on all night to see if it would freeze up when I returned from work. It wasn't frozen and I was able to use the computer all day and night. I shut it down last night and came home from work turned it on and like I said, froze before the login screen came up. I also had forgotten to mention in the post that I had just gotten a 1440p 144hz acer predator monitor about 2 weeks ago. I can not remember if these freezes were happening before or after the monitor. I have it disconnected now to see if the freezing continues.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

The problem with the Event Viewer is that at any given time you can look in there and you will see errors. This is so common that it makes discerning what is important from the rest a difficult proposition.  I personally would rather not see the events.

The new monitor shouldn't have anything to do with the freezing.

The Speccy provides information on most every component in the computer, but one of the items not listed is the PSU.  Please post the make and model.

What version of Windows 10 do you have installed?  Do the following to find out what version you are running.

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the R key at the same time to open the Run box. Copy and paste or type in winver, then press Enter.  This will show the version of Windows 10 you have running.

The Speccy is know to produce voltage figures that are incorrect in some instances, this is the case in your Speccy Snapshot.  For this reason please download and run CPUID HWMonitor to view the +12V, +5V, and the +3.3V rail voltages.  You will want to use the Snipping Tool to create an image of these voltages, the image will resemble the image below.

Attached File  voltages.PNG   35.92KB   0 downloads

To post the image in your topic do the following.

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

posting-options1.png

When you click on More Relpy Options you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

posting-options2.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users