Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

boot trouble

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Masonw123

Masonw123

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

A friend computer is get this message how can i fix it 

Windows could not start because of an error in the software.

Please report this problem as :
load needed DLLs for kernel.
Please contact your support person to report this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

What have you tried so far? Startup repair, installation disc, etc.

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,517 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Google sometimes is our friend  :)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-startup-error-load-needed-dlls-for-kernel/b193fe23-8a5e-4479-b149-43a2c42c6bf7?auth=1

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:57 PM

That post in the Windows 7 Community from A. User is a copy/paste set of instructions from me and applies to XP - not to Windows 7.

The problem is probably the same missing file but the instructions to fix it will not work for Windows 7 for a variety of reasons - no dllcache or ServicePack/i386 folder in Windows 7 for example, links to XP Recovery Console ISO don't work anymore, that Recovery Console is not for Windows 7, etc.

I learned how to fix that problem by recreating the problem by purposely deleting (renaming) the kdcom.dll file and have not made the effort to recreate and learn how to fix the problem in Windows 7 (yet).  Of course in either OS that file should never come up missing but could have been quarantined (effectively deleted) by an unspecified antivirus/antimalware program or some other activities we don't seem to know about (some other meddling).

When you recreated the problem on your Windows 7 system did the instructions in the topic you reference resolve the problem?

I might do that someday but the copy/paste instructions i like to use will be different for Windows 7.

I was waiting for some other BC contributor ideas on this one since I have never fixed it With Windows 7 (yet).

Note:  In the Windows 7 community when you get them upset by repeatedly pointing out that the replies marked as the "Answer" from their Microsoft engaged alleged "experts" are wrong with their replies 99.7% of the time and marked as the "Answer" by other Microsoft people... that will get you banned.  I coined the term "Answer Marking Nepotism" which I was warned repeatedly not to use but keep doing it anyway because it is true.

Somebody made me a badge since I have the record for the most bannings:

[attachment=199241:bannedbadge.jpg]

But I keep coming back as another user out there...

Edited by joseibarra, 30 October 2017 - 05:10 PM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users