Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings From The Redwood Empire

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Baron Munchausen

Baron Munchausen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

[size=3] Hello everyone, I happened to discover your interesting site while trying to find out something about DISCover.exe, oddly enough. I'm interested in finding out how my PC works and what everything that gets loaded at startup is for, and when I'm not using my PC I'm running "Einstein@Home" (similar to "Seti@Home", except the search here is for gravity waves) and "Rosetta@Home" (medical research involving protein folding). At least until the next PG&E bill arrives, when I may have to cut back on having these programs run 24/7!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:29 PM

Welcome to BC!
If you look at the tabs at the top, you will find one that reads "Startup List." This is a very comprehensive database of startup applications that will tell you if these are needed, optional, or should be killed.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users