Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web cam video too dark

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Q40

Q40

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:22 AM

I have made a webcam video with Cyberlink YouCam 6. It's nearly six hours long. It was taken in the early morning hours right as the sun was rising, so on my screen, it's mostly dark. It is outside in my parking lot onto the road. You can see headlights pass. I was looking for the taillights of somebody leaving. I have searched that whole video, the portions that was dark. The last two hours were light. I haven't been able to find what I had been looking for. I've even went through the dark parts hoping to see something, even viewing most of the whole video.

I've downloaded Movavi, the video editor. I've manipulated the controls hoping to see the outline of cars in the parking lot, but nothing. None of the controls available showed me anything. Now, I'm ready to go frame by frame. My question is if there's any program I could use, or application, to a webcam video taken when the video is dark, but it's just getting light outside.I want to at least try to see silhouettes of cars in the parking lot. I've tried almost everything I could think of & you are my last resort, since you've helped me in the past. Thank you.

Q40

Edited by hamluis, 22 October 2017 - 07:05 AM.
Deleted duplicate - Platypus. Moved from Photo Albums to Audio/Video Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:04 AM

I use both Pinnacle Studio 15 and Corel Video Studio 12...each of them allows for manipulating lighting/contrast/color, etc and adjustments can be made frame-by-frame or to the whole video.  My experience with adjusting such is that it's trial-and-error to obtain the effect that you want.  Although both now carry the Corel name, the products were previously developed/sold by Pinnacle and Ulead, respectively.  I cannot say that Corel has improved anything that the original developers came up with, but for the latest versions you would have to Google.  These are both paid products.

Pinnacle Studio Wiki

Corel Video Studio Wiki

Like usage of any tool...there is a learning curve but nothing similar to what might be expected when using Adobe products.

Corel does offer legit/valid trial downloads of various software, see Here.  Trial periods, IME, are typically 30 days, with feature restrictions imposed.

There seem to be a plethora of cracked/illegal versions of these and other programs...I suggest that you avoid such, since probably none of these offerings are legit and the risk of malware is always there with illegal/cracked software.

Louis

These adjsutments have been basic to these editors for some time, so I don't think that versions really matter for such a basic editing feature.

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

I would add any Video Captured is only as good as the webcam is capable of capturing and the quality.

You buy cheap you get cheap Video,

To enhance poor quality video will always be hit and miss and generally no improvement,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users