Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD during Driver Verifier

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vennym

vennym

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

I received a bsod during driver verifier. I'm also having error and warning issue with my computer, but I'm not sure if it's related to the bsod, so I'll leave those out and just focus on fixing this issue first.  Here are my specs along with my SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip file and the latest minidump file. Your help and expertise are welcomed!

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hDoHHkdYZkorURHwuPUUTKi

Best,

Venny

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

Why are you using Driver Verifier in the first place? Were you encountering BSODs?

The one and only Driver Verifier dump flagged mcdbus.sys, part of your MagicISO program. If you were not experiencing any BSODs prior to this, turn off Driver Verifier and leave the system alone. On the other hand, if you were experiencing BSODs prior to this, uninstall MagicISO. You may wish to turn off Driver Verifier too, if you've run it for more than 24 hours.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 vennym

vennym
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Hi bwv848, thanks for getting back to me.  I'm using driver verifier because I often get a bsod when shutting down my computer.  It occurs when my wireless network adapter limits access to the internet due to dns client event.  I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem for about a month now with no luck.  So I decided to run driver verifier to rule out driver issues.  I received the attached bsod in my previous post, 6 min into driver verifier, so i turned it off.  I'm still trying to figure out how to read minidump files so I posted it so that someone else could help me.  If magiciso caused the bsod then its not a big issue since I can uninstall it.  It's seems a bit strange though since it's software not hardware.  My main problem though is my wireless network adapter.  I didn't post it here because i thought it's more of a network issue rather than a bsod issue.

Best

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,989 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

Turn off Driver Verifier for now and the next time the system crashes send me a fresh Sysnative log file please. Also, uninstall MagicISO if you don't need it. BTW - if you're using some sort of system optimization (e.g. CCleaner) tool, please stop while we're troubleshooting as it's deleting WER entries and dump files.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 vennym

vennym
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

okay, I'll let you know if it happens again. Thanks!

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,989 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

You're welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users