Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connectivity Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jrwmaccas

jrwmaccas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:26 AM

Mod Edit: Split from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618103/no-connectivity-after-sleep-mode-in-win-7 - Hamluis.

Hi folks, Did anyone ever find a solution to this?

My wireless adapter always used to function OK, but suddenly (I think after a Windows update) it now has no connectivity after it has been in sleep mode.  Sometimes disabling and enabling the device in Device Manager gets it going again... sometimes it doesn't and I have to do a full machine restart. 

I too have tried the widely publicised trick of unticking the power saving box under the Power Management tab of the device's properties, but this hasn't worked. 

I have:

Fujitsu Lifebook A Series

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i3-3110M 2.4Ghz

Network card - same as above - Centrino N-2230 with driver version 15.18.0.1

Would be very grateful for a fix! 

It drives me mad that Windows 10 thinks it has the right to tell me I can't use my computer for hours at a time to "update" at it's own convenience, and then, in this case, when it has updated it has in fact stopped the machine from functioning properly. Let's just say "Bleeping" is not the word I am using to describe my computer at the moment.

Edited by hamluis, 21 October 2017 - 07:12 AM.
Movec to Win 10 from Win 7 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users