Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do you post a file attachment on this bleeping computer web site?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 James T Kirk

James T Kirk

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:12 AM

:step1: HELLO PEOPLE! :step2:

this topic is directed toward the web developers of the bleeping computer web site:
i have PM'd a moderator to answer my questions about the "functionality" of this web site.
but was not successful.

the moderator told me to take a flying leap, to not PM him, and that I should instead create a topic in the forum discussion about this topic.
hamluis did not answer my questions, nor did he finish listening to me, but blew me off, like i was chopped liver, or radio active material meant to be discarded like the 19,000 galleons of nuclear waste that was just recently been dumped into lake Onterio near canada.

this topic involves how to post file attachments for forum posts.

QUESTION :bubbles:
how do you post a file attachment on this bleeping computer web site?

SIDE NOTE
i was not able to solve my computer problem because I was unable to attach a needed file.

RESULT OF INABILITY TO SOLVE COMPUTER PROBLEM:
i lost a 160 gig HD that was zapped like a bolt of lightning from God, and burned completely to the ground like a cities were burned by the Unholy Roman Empire.
additionally, i also lost 258 gig of data on a second HD because i could not solve my computer problem

THANKS

CIVILIZATION OF MAN

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,709 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

Only certain forums on BleepingComputer support attachments.   You can determine if they do by clicking on the "More Reply Options" button at the lower right of the compose window to get to the advanced compose window.  The attach mechanism will appear beneath the compose area if that particular forum permits attachments.

If a forum does not permit attachments you can still include images if you host them on a third-party site and use the "embed image" control that looks like a small picture that's to the right of the font and hyperlink controls at the top of the compose window.

If you have questions on how to use the BC website it is best to ask them on the forums, not by private message to any one member of the moderating team.  We, as individuals, are not the private FAQ answerers for the membership.

This query, for instance, belongs in the Announcements, Comments, & Suggestions forum, which is where I'm moving it.

Edited by britechguy, 21 October 2017 - 08:19 AM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 James T Kirk

James T Kirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

hi britechguy, glad to see you!! :welcome:

:clapping: thank you, thank you britechguy :clapping:

QUESTION
under "More Reply Options", for attachments to include, what file types are accepted on this site?
for example, i have tried MANY file types and all were not accepted.
could you PLEASE tell me what file types i can use?

THANK britechguy!

CIVILIZATION OF MAN

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

could you PLEASE tell me what file types i can use?

Do you think you could ask an easier question ?  The full and frank answer is at the moment the moderating staff are waiting on guidance on this one. For definite you can attach .JPG, .PNG, .DOC, .DOCX and .TXT where attachments are allowed. As Brian said, not all sections allow attachments or uploads at all.

However you can always upload to a cloud storage system such as Dropbox or Imgur and post the link in a post in any section. An alternative, if you wish to investigate it, is to use what are known as BB codes. the software BC runs on supports the use of BB codes.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,709 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:36 PM

After research the following is the list of file types that may be attached, where attachments are permitted on the Bleeping Computer forums:

.aiff .bat .bmp .doc .gif .gz .hqx .ico .inf .ini .jpeg .jpg .log .pdf .png .rar .reg .rtf .tar .tiff .txt .zip

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users