Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A+ And Other Certification Study Forum

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

I don't know if this sentiment is shared with a lot of people or not, but I personally would like a place to go to ask techie questions, the questions that go unanswered? It's hard to get a hard question answered when lesser problems are taking over and being answered. I'm saying questions about any of the CompTIA exams should have a forum for those that are studying it. I Could help Gather resources and get the first of the study guides out, but a study hall to test each other would be very awesome. Because after a while, you start memorizing the problem as opposed to the concept.

It would be somewhat like a discussion board, but it wouldn't have to do with an actual problem like most topics on the forum, General questions such as "What is the difference between combined ecc/epp, and spp" could be answered, since it has to do with certification for a+ hardware, we could split up between all the different certifications, have practice tests, have people create tests to be answered, interactive forums and such, discussions. It would help a lot of people who are aiming to go into the business of technology to have a community to help.

Allright, thanks for listening, pm me if you want to discuss it further.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:36 PM

Could you clarify a bit? Are you saying that you want to start a forum like that, or that you want to try and incorprate something like that into BC? We try very hard to answer all questions, but the nature of BC is that we mostly attract novice users, so the tendency is towards (sometimes) simple questions. Sometimes the tougher questions do go unanswered. While we do have a good group of very talented individuals, we are spread pretty thin. It is sometimes easier to help 10 people with their problems than help one person with a really complex problem.

Then you have the other end of the scale; sites that help only advanced users. They tend to be tough on novice users because...well, I never did understand why. Some people like to build themselves up by tearing others down. Now I'm not saying all forums are like that, bit I can think of more than a few.

It sounds like you want to hit the middle tier. Intermediate users that want to move on to advanced users?

#3 Gyro

Gyro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:40 PM

Haha, or the advance users can learn something from the intermediate, I just want to integrate a group of seperate threads that is based more on a study hall for experienced technicians asking questions, this makes it so the novice users have their computer problems fixed, and it doesn't interfere with intermediate-advance users trying to learn more from talented people.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,400 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:49 PM

So let me understand clearly. Make a certification forum. In that forum have different threads that provide definitions etc.

Like what is ecc ram compared to regular ram etc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users