Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc starts for 5 seconds then shuts down with electricity still running through i

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 wsapy

wsapy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

so my pc is new amd i got it like a week ago and yesterday when i was playing with friends the pc suddenly shuts off with the mouse and keyboard still blinking with lights i try to start it again vut it doesn't work or light up at all i try removing the power cable and put it back on and its the same so i removed everything and put it back in and it works and md after 10 mins it shuts down again i do the se stuff again and it works for the rest of the night i turn the pc off go to sleep wake up i turn it on and its not working at all this time i remove everything amd put it back in and turn it on but this time the fans work for 5 seconds and turns off again with electricity still running through it i tried different things like removing the ram and putting it bacl in and discharging the power and tried a different power cable but nothing works and i noticed that depending on how lonf i leave the pc off with nothing attached to it it will work for longer times so i don't know how to fix this please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:06 AM

sounds like a bad power supply to me!

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

wsapy, I might have missed it in your very thorough opening post, did you try the piece-at-a-time bench-test?  Beginning with motherboard, power supply, monitor and keyboard?  You have to have the beep codes handy.  Then, adding graphics card (unless it is onboard), adding memory...in between power downs/black or red switch turn offs?    I/m guessing that something is sending a signal to the power supply to almost immediately power off.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 wsapy

wsapy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

wsapy, I might have missed it in your very thorough opening post, did you try the piece-at-a-time bench-test?  Beginning with motherboard, power supply, monitor and keyboard?  You have to have the beep codes handy.  Then, adding graphics card (unless it is onboard), adding memory...in between power downs/black or red switch turn offs?    I/m guessing that something is sending a signal to the power supply to almost immediately power off.

if you are talking about the beeb sound at pushing the power button then i dont even have that for some reason but for the last week it didn't even beeb once note that the computer was working properly and i have no idea what test are you talking about if you are so kind please do tell me how to do the test step by step and thanks for the reply :D

Edited by wsapy, 20 October 2017 - 03:20 PM.

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

I'm not very good at posting step by step -- however, maybe try it "backwards".  Remove all external devices except keyboard, mouse, monitor.  Does it post/boot/load Windows -- If yes, computer does not "like" one or more of the external devices.  If no post/boot/load, then, between power downs/black or red switch  off, still leaving the removed external devices off, begin removing inside the chassis stuff, one device at a time.  There are threads that describe much better than I can how to do this bench-test, "forwards or backwards".

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:36 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy1.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 wsapy

wsapy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/2TtkYdkLRrzq6h2ezs0JAbW

Edited by hamluis, 23 November 2017 - 12:13 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#8 whiteknights

whiteknights

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:17 AM

i have a similar problem.. whats your psu model? does it make any weird noise?

can you try your psu on another pc?, or try another psu on your pc?  

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

You do not need to quote any posts, this is a waste of time and bandwidth.

The Speccy didn't produce anything that points to a specific problem. 

One of the things the Speccy doesn't list is the PSU, please post the make and model of your PSU.

Did you apply thermal compound between the heatsink and CPU when you installed them?

Did you use standoffs to raise the motherboard away from the metal case when you installed it in the case?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#10 wsapy

wsapy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

My psu is an FSP hexa+ 500w atx 12v v2.4&eps 12v v2. 92

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:10 PM

I would suggest purchasing a PSU tester to see what the rail voltages are looking like.  You can purchase a really cheap one for about $7.00, but I would suggest purchasing one that has a LCD display.  You can check out what is available a Newegg.  These testers can read from the 24 pin connector which is attached to the motherboard of you can use a MOLEX connector which has the +3.3VDC, +5VDC, +12VDC and ground.

If you have a digital multimeter and know how to use it you can take the readings from that.  If you need instructions I can provide those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users