Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kernel-Power ID:41 crash?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Heekzg

Heekzg

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:51 AM

Hello people of Bleepingcomputer.

Yesterday I was browsing on my computer and I was trying to get into youtube. However, the site wouldn't load at all and suddenly my computer shut down and during the reboot it asked me to reset my CPU values - If I wanted to load them as default or something like that. I looked at the eventlog and it seems like this was the error I was given.

Incident ID: 41

Working category: 63

EventData

BugcheckCode 0     BugcheckParameter1 0x0     BugcheckParameter2 0x0     BugcheckParameter3 0x0     BugcheckParameter4 0x0     SleepInProgress 0     PowerButtonTimestamp 0     BootAppStatus 0     Checkpoint 0     ConnectedStandbyInProgress false     SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 7     CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0     BugcheckInfoFromEFI true

Please do say if you need anymore information. This post is badly setup my bad.

Edited by Heekzg, 20 October 2017 - 06:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heekzg

Heekzg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:28 AM

Does anyone know a troubleshoot I can do, so I can locate the problem?

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:16 AM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. Hence, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 Heekzg

Heekzg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

Here is the specs plus the sysnative scan.

Attached Files

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

Wait until the system crashes again, then please provide this report also:
Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
The Event ID 41 error is simply Windows saying that it doesn't know why it shutdown.

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
You can also start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Only 3 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 15063 (1703) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner (along with EVGA Precision) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys).  Please un-install them immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

Edited by usasma, 22 October 2017 - 07:15 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users