Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cant Install Sound Card Driver

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_niggz_*

Guest_niggz_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:36 PM

I cant install the driver i need for the sound card i have its not new its integrated ...I have the correct driver and everthing but The computer just keeps telling me i need to be on an account will admin Privleges
This same problem happened before when i wiped my HD b4 but i cant remember how i got Admin Privleges

help would be highly appreciated and returned when able

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:40 PM

If you are the person who runs the computer you have admin access... if there is someone above you that has admin something or others then you can get it from them. If your the only user, virus scan, if virus scan doesn't pick anything up, i'll tell ya how to get into the system profile.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:03 AM

Isn't your account an admin account?

If not, you need to access one, and set a restore point before changing drivers.

#4 Guest_niggz_*

Guest_niggz_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:44 PM

I do have admin privileges as far as computer admin vs reguylar user goes
when changing privleges from control panel
but i need to be able to go onto the admin that built within windows xp
thats the one i had to be on last time i installed the driver

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:39 AM

Any account with administrator privileges should work. There are not different kinds of admin accounts.

Having said that, boot into safe mode and when it asks for the password just type "administrator" in the name and leave the password blank. Unless you have set a password in the default administrator account (which does not show up on the fast password switching screen) you should not need a password.

Then access your add hardware wizard or the device manager (if it shows in there) and install the driver for your integrated sound adapter.

Edited by Enthusiast, 24 September 2006 - 09:41 AM.

#6 Guest_niggz_*

Guest_niggz_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:10 AM

Thanks lets hope that works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users