Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Occuring frequently: 0x0000007A

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RytlockBrimstone

RytlockBrimstone

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

Computer specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k 3.5GHz (@ 4.5 with OC)

GPU: Asus STRIX ROG 08G 1070

Motherboard: Asus Z87 Deluxe

RAM: G.Skills Trident X DDR3 2400MHz

PSU: Corsair RM850i

Cooling: 3x120mm fans, 1x200mm fan, Corsair H115i for CPU

Case: Corsair Carbide 500R

SSD: INTEL SSDSC2CW24(Windows is installed on this drive) (240Gb)

HDD1: ST3500410AS (500Gb)

HDD2: WDC WD1003FZEX-0 (1Tb)

Crash:
Recently, the crashes have been happening almost every day. As you can tell by the specs, I have a gaming desktop so I spend a lot of my time playing games. I always have Corsair Link monitoring my temperatures and I can assure you there are no issues with them. As said, I game a lot, but the multiple BSOD I've had usually don't occur when I play games. Per example, one occurred when I was closing a game (CSGO) while another simply occurred when I was printing documents for school.

Something that is important to note is that right before the system crashes, it freezes for a long period of time (~20s). Sometimes it just resumes and unfreezes, but sometimes it crashes and gives the BSOD. Normally, there is a light under my power button on my case that usually flickers a lot, but while the pc is in its frozen state, this LED stays solid and white, it does not flicker at all. From my knowledge, this light is the HDD Activity light.

Troubleshooting:

1) I've checked the temperatures and none of them are big enough to even be considered as a problem.

2) I've ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the memory shows no problem.

3) I've switched from my overclocking profile back to my default settings and the BSOD still occur.

4) Knowing that the computer freezes, I checked all of my disks for errors (CHKDSK) and defragmented them, but they all seem in good health.

5) Finally, I used Intel's SSD Toolbox to scan my SSD. I did a quick scan and everything was fine. When I did a full scan, the computer crashed. I tried to do it again and it crashed. I then proceeded to defragment the disk, closed Steam and Discord and restarted the test. It worked this time, but I do not know if it was a simple coincidence.

6) All of my drivers are up to date.

Pictures:

I've included a link to a google drive folder where I store the pictures that I took from the multiple BSODs I've had during this year. I included all of them because there may be a connnection that I do not see. Anyhow, I named the important ones ERROR 1 and ERROR 2. These are the ones I have been having lately and frequently. There is one of the other BSOD that has the name code as ERROR1 and ERROR2, so I named it RELATED?. Again, I am not worried about the other BSOD, I only uploaded them so you guys that know more then me can see if there is any related issue.

I've also included a picture of the solid LED so anyone can confirm if it's the HDD Activity LED.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByX2FQQYa5RMQjdvaGtVdENXMnM

Thank you all for your precious time and help.

Edited by RytlockBrimstone, 19 October 2017 - 10:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:16 AM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. Hence, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 RytlockBrimstone

RytlockBrimstone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Understood! Here is more information about the system.

- System Manufacturer: Custom built

- OS: Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

- x64

- Original OS: The OS above is the original one

- The OS is a full retail version

- Age of computer: Motherboard and CPU and other components are 5 years old (2012)  EXCEPT the PSU, GPU and radiator (H115i) which are less than 1 year old (2016-2017)

- The OS age is 5 years old and it hasn't been reinstalled

- CPU: Intel Core i7 Haswell 4770k                                                                 https://ark.intel.com/products/75123/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz

- GPU: Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING                                       https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING/

- Motherboard: Asus Z87 Deluxe                                                                     https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/Z87DELUXE/

- PSU: Corsair RM850i (850W)                                                                       http://www.corsair.com/en-us/rmi-series-rm850i-850-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-psu

Here are the results from Sysnative as well.

Attached Files

Edited by RytlockBrimstone, 20 October 2017 - 02:28 PM.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

The only memory dumps in the uploaded reports are over half a year old; hence, they are not useful. Do you have any idea what this error in Device Manager is all about:

Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&SUBSYS_855C1043&REV_03\6&3B59F0C5&0&003800E3    This device is disabled.

Why are you disabling this device curiously and what is it for?

Just from the description of your problem, it sounds like some graphics card issue. I have an idea... let's attempt to force a manually initiated crash. To do so, you must edit some registry keys (create a system restore point beforehand):

With PS/2 keyboards, you must enable the keyboard-initiated crash in the registry. In the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters, create a value named CrashOnCtrlScroll, and set it equal to a REG_DWORD value of 0x01.

With USB keyboards, you must enable the keyboard-initiated crash in the registry. In the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdhid\Parameters, create a value named CrashOnCtrlScroll, and set it equal to a REG_DWORD value of 0x01.

When the system freezes, hold down the rightmost CTRL key, and press the SCROLL LOCK key twice, forcing the system to BSOD. Then upload MEMORY.DMP for us:

:step1: Upload MEMORY.DMP

• Press and hold the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
• In the Run box, type in %WinDir% and hit Enter on your keyboard.
• Find the file MEMORY.DMP and copy/paste it on to your Desktop.
• Zip up MEMORY.DMP (use .ZIP please!!!) and upload it to a trustworthy file-sharing service.

Regards,
bwv848

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 RytlockBrimstone

RytlockBrimstone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

Ok first things first. The Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter is the device used for the integrated Wi-Fi chip that comes with my motherboard. I simply have it disabled since I use ethernet and do not require it.

Second of all, I have set what you told me to do in my registry but I do not understand. Is there a way that I can force the crash or I simply wait for a moment when my pc freezes and then I hit the keys in order to induce the BSOD?

Thanks for your support.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   72.69KB   0 downloads

Edited by RytlockBrimstone, 20 October 2017 - 09:49 PM.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

Sorry for the confusion. Just wait for the computer to freeze, then initiate the special key combination...

#7 RytlockBrimstone

RytlockBrimstone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:42 AM

Alright, first of all, sorry I know it`s been a while that I haven`t responded in here, but I feel the need to tell you that weirdly, my PC is not freezing or crashing since we last spoke. I just wanted to tell you that I still am trying to force crash the pc whenever it freezes but I am still waiting for the moment. So don`t bother too much with me, when I will have more information I will come back to you.

Thanks a lot.

#8 RytlockBrimstone

RytlockBrimstone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:18 AM

Hi, so the system happened to freeze and I manually initiated the crash. Unfortunately, I don't know why but I can't locate the dumpfile. In fact, I don't even think it was created since I search the entire system for .dmp files and couldn't find one with the good date. All I have is a partial picture of the bluescreen. 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users