Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trackpad (left and right) buttons suddenly stopped working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevepark309

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

I have an ASUS ROG laptop. My trackpad buttons have both stopped working suddenly. 

I have downloaded Drive booster 5 to update all my drivers as I saw this in other forums for issues such as mine. I installed all drivers and restarted. Still no solution.

Not sure what else to do. I have Malawarebytes, CCombofix, registry cleaners etc. So, I assume its not a virus or malware. Thanks in advance for your assistance.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,157 posts
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

Driver Booster 5 is a program which looks through your computer drivers and arbitrarily choose replacement drivers.  The problem with this type of software is that it often doesn't suggest drivers are specific to the device it is meant for.  You should go to the computer's manufacturer's website and download your drivers there.  You can check in the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow warning icons or red error icons.  If the devices is supported by Windows you can simply click/tap on the Driver tab and uninstall the driver and restart the computer.  When the computer is restarted it will install a new Windows driver.  But if this is something like the NVIDIA GeForce driver you need to go to their website to download a new driver.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users