Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

comdo I deleted it but now trouble.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Penguinboy

Penguinboy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

​I had comodo dragon web browser and got there anti spy ware 10, my time was up but when I deleted the programs I could not connect to the net no matter what I did. so I had to do a restore, how do I get rid of this program with out disabling my net access ? 

Edited by hamluis, 20 October 2017 - 05:29 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

I had the same problem about 2 years ago. I was a long-time advocate of Comodo Firewall. Then they started pushing their browser, and the ridiculous "Geek Buddy". They had a really great system for blocking outgoing network connections until they restructured it and made it practically useless, so I removed Comodo AV from my computer and it broke my internet connection. After 10 days of frustrating attempts, including posting on the Comodo users' website and trying various suggestions, I finally reformatted and reinstalled Windows 7. There were others who had the same problem and could not find a solution, so I was not alone.

All I can suggest is to post in and hope for the best.

http://forums.comodo.com/

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me but no guarantee I will respond.

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

you probably have some remnants hanging behind that are related to registry entrys that are still controlling certain functions that the uninstaller doesn't remove.

if your comfortable with regedit.exe then you could go in and manually search for all Comodo entries and then manually remove everyone of them.

but first, export a registry backup before doing it, because if you mess up and delete the wrong entry you could make your computer not bootable from deleting the wrong thing.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,429 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Have you done it like this?

https://help.comodo.com/topic-120-1-279-2534-.html

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Penguinboy

Penguinboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

wow you guys are great thank you so much I thought no one ever had this problem, yes with out comodo I can not connect to the net at all  I will do my best to follow you leads THANKS GUYS OMG YOUR GREAT

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,429 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

After the uninstall .. restart compy.

Hello and welcome..
For the connection try these...

Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.
Now check if the internet is working again.

OR

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

You're welcome..

Edited by boopme, 20 October 2017 - 06:23 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Penguinboy

Penguinboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

hey thank you so much for your input I will try to do this omg I love this site thanks dude your great yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :bounce:  :bounce:  :welcome:  :welcome:  :welcome:  :love4u:  :warrior: 

#8 Penguinboy

Penguinboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

Hey guys thank you for all your kind support and input I learned a lot from each of you I went through the cmd and did all of that and then I noticed a key component of comodo was still clutching my little computer, errrr I unchecked the comodo fire wall that was prevent a net connection OMG wow with out your input it would have been impossible to find this out THANKS EVERYONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users