Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would like to say Hello!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RJMass1

RJMass1

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

Hello everyone, found this site doing during some research I was doing. Cant wait to make my way through the sites vast amount of collective knowledge. A few years back I watched a show on cyber wars, I was terrified but also captivated. The technical skill evolved in hacking and the creativity is actually quit fascinating, however the criminal aspect and state sponsored threat to the world is apparent and a need for talented defenders is on the rise and a skills gap definitely exists and we need to do our part.

I have been a mainframe programmer for 15 years now and as I started to get more involved in cyber security and researching and learning all that I can I am contemplating switching my career to a full time job in the field. What better job can you have then one you are fully compassionate about. In my quest to learn everything I need to get started I have gained many certifications along the way. I hope to continue learning more and more every day and to find a way to give back to the community and to the networks and devices that need defended. Any advice, skills or classes you recommend please feel free to let me know...I am a sponge! :thumbup2: 

Thanks for welcoming me to your awesome community!

"The world is a dangerous place, Elliot, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." ~ Mr Robot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards,
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users