In order to start in Selective startup you would need to alter the startup type in the System Configuration, the command for this is msconfig.
To see if this is related to a service you can run a Clean Boot.
How to perform a Clean Boot.
Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.
Press the Windows key and the R key to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.
1. Click/tap on the General tab.
2. Click/tap on the Selective startup option.
3. Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.
4. Click on the Services tab.
5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.
6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.
7. Click on Hide all Microsoft services. Click on Apply then OK
Click on Restart in the window that opens.
When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.
If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.
8. Divide the number of these services by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart the computer.
9. If the problem doesn't return in those services remove the checks and place checks in the remaining services and restart the computer.
10. When you find which half the service is in go on to the next step.
11. The half which has the service causing this problem remove half of the checks as you did previously to see which half has this service. Restart the computer.
12. If it isn't in the first half of these services, do the same with the last half of the services.
13. Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services remove the checks one at a time till you find the service at fault.
Once you have found the service post it in your topic. Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.