Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Original Speed Dial for Firefox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 misssbb

misssbb

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

Asus laptop (2 years old), Windows 10 Creator's version that's automatically updated, and most recent version of Firefox that is automatically updated.

I have had Speed Dial on my Firefox for years and now it keeps disappearing.  This has been going on since sometime in September, I believe.  After booting up I open a new tab and instead of all the dials hat have always been in my Speed Dial, I get something that looks completely different and only has dials for twitter, facebook, and four more businesses that I do not use either.  All paid for by said businesses, obviously.

The only way I could get my old Speed Dial with my dials back was to uninstall it and reinstall it, and all the dials came back.  I've had to do this three times so far this week alone and today the old-Speed-Dial icon was no longer available to reinstall and none of the available ones were what I wanted.  Nor could I be sure that I could get my old dials, which are backed up somewhere (no idea where) with these new speed dial versions.

What do I do now?  If I go with one of these, IMO, inferior versions of Speed Dial, will I be able to get back my dials?  And where are they, anyway?  Let me close by saying that I am VERY technologically blonde, so any response that is above my low paygrade (one used to be able to say "a third grade level", but not for this topic anymore!) could be difficult or impossible to understand.  It's a real problem, but with every new experience like this I learn something, so I'm proud of myself for that, even though more experienced persons roll their eyes.

Thank you very much for your help.  I cannot access any of the websites that I use every day without Speed Dial.  Bleeping Computer has been such an incredible help to me for other problems and I sincerely appreciate all of you who take your time to answer our questions and are so helpful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users