Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Email problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Manolis

Manolis

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:02 AM

Hello to everyone!

I have a laptop which run Windows 10 and I have a problem with my yahoo e-mail. I recently logged in at the e-mail and all the information on the first page (inbox) were out of place. There was no proper inbox and all the words seemed to gather in a left side column without order and meaning. Anybody has a clue why this happens and how I can fix it? Could this be a virus?

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

Problem exists only at webmail site?  All other websites exhibit no problems?

Louis

#3 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

I've seen this occasionally.  Try clicking to Refresh; this might give the restored proper arrangement and appearance you expect.   Otherwise, try signing out, and then sign in again.

#4 Manolis

Manolis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:06 AM

Hello!

@hamluis: Yes, this problem appears only at the yahoo e-mail page. All the other websites seem to work fine. Actually, I have two more yahoo mail accounts and they seem to work fine as well. Only the specific yahoo email has the problem.

@cafehose: Ok, I will try this!

Thank you both for your reply!

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

Sounds like a site/webpage problem to me.  I'd delete the cookies for that site and revisit the webpage.

Louis

#6 Manolis

Manolis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:00 AM

Louis hi!

Thank you for your reply! The problem with the yahoo e-mail page persists as I explained before. Could you tell me how to delete the cookies for this specific web page?

Thank you!

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

Search Results

Louis

#8 Manolis

Manolis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:07 AM

Louis hi!

I removed the cookies of the yahoo e-mail page from firefox but the problem still persists. I also logged in to this specific yahoo mail account from internet explorer and the situation is the same with all the words of the page mixed and with no proper order. Any ideas?

Thank you!

#9 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

Delete your browser cache.  Not knowing what web browser you're using I cannot tell you how to do this.  It is best to have the browser closed when you do this so that the cleaning will be complete.  Do a web search on your browser name plus "clear cache," e.g., "Chrome clear cache".  Every blessed web browser has hundreds of step-by-step instruction sets for doing this.

If you happen to be a CCleaner user you can also check the checkbox for "Clear Cache" for your browsers when you run the Cleaner.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#10 Manolis

Manolis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

Ok! Thank you for your reply! I will try cleaning the cache.

Best wishes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users