Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer acts like up arrow is being held down in certain games

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Inowhatebitcoin

Inowhatebitcoin

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

This issue only occurs in two games. In NBA 2k18 it makes it so the player I'm controlling stumbles around the court constantly facing the opponents basket on defense. Very strange looking. And in Elex I can't navigate the menus with an Xbox controller because immediately it jumps back to the top selection in the menu. There is a sound effect when you move to different menu options and I can hear a machine gun like constant barrage of that sound playing.

I have no idea why it doesn't affect any other games or programs.

I tried switching to a different keyboard, but that had no impact so I don't think it's a defective keyboard. I also used joy.cpl to test the gamepad to see if there was some drift or something on the left thumbstick, but it was calibrated fine and showed up dead center at rest.

I really have no idea what could be causing the issue. I checked the forums for each game to see if anyone else was reporting a similar issue and came up empty.

Any suggestions or help are appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users