Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black box problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Truecoat

Truecoat

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

Can someone help me with these black text backgrounds.  I've looked through settings for a solution but cannot find it.  The first picture is an example of when I highlight the speaker icon, the second is a NAS program and the third is my find and replace box from Excel.

Attached File  black box 1.jpg   32.97KB   0 downloads

Attached File  black box 2.jpg   15.47KB   0 downloads

Attached File  black box 3.jpg   18.6KB   0 downloads

Edited by Truecoat, 18 October 2017 - 10:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

I can't see enough of the message in the first image, but the second one points to the NAS Navigator2.  The description for this application is from Should I Remove It?

BUFFALO NAS Navigator2 is a software program developed by Buffalo. The most common release is ?2.82, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The software is designed to connect to the Internet and adds a Windows Firewall exception in order to do so without being interfered with. The primary executable is named nasnavi.exe. - Read more at http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/BUFFALO-NAS-Navigator2-149641-program.aspx

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Truecoat

Truecoat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

I can't see enough of the message in the first image, but the second one points to the NAS Navigator2.  The description for this application is from Should I Remove It?

BUFFALO NAS Navigator2 is a software program developed by Buffalo. The most common release is ?2.82, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The software is designed to connect to the Internet and adds a Windows Firewall exception in order to do so without being interfered with. The primary executable is named nasnavi.exe. - Read more at http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/BUFFALO-NAS-Navigator2-149641-program.aspx

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.  These black text boxes are showing up everywhere.  Here is my find and replace box from Excel.

black box 3.jpg

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

Do you have iTunes installed on this machine?  I have a similar issue on my home machine and I believe iTunes is the cause and am looking for verification.  For me the issue is cleared after a restart.

#5 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

Could it be this? Hit start type high contrast and click on the high contrast setting.

personalize.jpg

7581204627.png

#6 Truecoat

Truecoat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:21 PM

Could it be this? Hit start type high contrast and click on the high contrast setting.

personalize.jpg

Re-installed my graphics driver and that fixed it.  By the way, I tried this high contrast first and once I turned it on I had a trouble getting it to go back.  Thanks though.

#7 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

personalize.jpg

Re-installed my graphics driver and that fixed it.  By the way, I tried this high contrast first and once I turned it on I had a trouble getting it to go back.  Thanks though.

Glad you got it fixed!

7581204627.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users