Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Turbo Tax Forms from 2015, 2016 not Showing in Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

I assisted a friend upgrade first from Windows Vista to Windows 7.  Successful upgrade.  Did over  185 updates.  Then I updated to Windows 10.  All went well with that upgrade except for one thing.  When backing up her documents, desktop, etc. in Vista I noticed three files that were direct links for backed up Turbo Tax Files.  Now after upgrading to 10 the desktop files are still there but without turbo tax installed they won't open.  I am guessing that when I install a new version of Turbo Tax (or even an older version since she does have a Turbo Tax Disk these files will open.  If I am not thinking right, please let me know.  She is really upset that the previous years files in Turbo Tax are not opening.

I explained that it is no different than any other program.  If you save data when you upgrade and don't have the program to refer to the data won't open.

Let me know if I'm wrong.  Thanks a lot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:26 AM

If these are actual Turbo Tax files then yes you will need the TurboTax program installed to open them. If the person wanted to keep a record of the tax return hopefully they outputted the forms filed to a PDF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users