Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error when i boot system "invalid partition table"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 beganov1k

beganov1k

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

So my old HDD stoped working and I bought new one . I connected it and try to boot system from USB ( i made USB bootable )(win 7 in this case i tried 8.1 too) and set 1st boot device to USB , it automaticly restarted and after i see logo of motherboard i get message "invalid partition table ". 
I looked on forums but all of them have just fixes when there is a Operative System on HDD , in my case I don't have one . 
Any sugestions 

Have a nice day :D 

Edited by hamluis, 17 October 2017 - 05:48 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Win 7 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

What is the make and model of the computer or motherboard if a custom build? 

From my understanding when you boot the USB it never gets to an install window, only "invalid partition table", correct?

What did you use to create the bootable USB flash drive? I recommend using Rufus with the iso file.

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Have you tried burning and booting a DVD instead of a USB flash drive?

#3 beganov1k

beganov1k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:40 PM

it is a custom build pc motherboard i thing from simens fujitsu bios is american megatrends

Yeah it only shows that so i can't do anything.

i use windows 7 USB tool .. i tried it yesterday with windows 8.1 x64 same thing

i don't have any opitional CD reader

Edited by hamluis, 20 October 2017 - 05:36 AM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,660 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

I would download and create the USB flash drive with Rufus and try booting the USB flash drive again. If possible provide a model number of the motherboard.

#5 cameronmoniz

cameronmoniz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:45 AM

You can try these methods to fix invalid partition table:

Solution 1: Rebuild the MBR with PartitionGuru
Since the PC cannot boot to system now, the MBR rebuilding should be down under Windows PE environment.
Step 1: Create WinPE bootable USB drive of PartitionGuru.
Step 2: Boot your computer from the bootable USB disk.
Step 3: Rebuild MBR (Master Boot Record).

Solution 2: Rebuild MBR using Command Prompt
If you have a Windows installation disc, you can fix invalid partition table via Command Prompt, here are solutions:
Step 1: Insert installation disc into your computer and boot PC from the disc. Click “Repair your computer”
Step 2: Select Command Prompt in the “System Recovery Options” window.
Step 3: Type “bootrec.exe” in Command Prompt and press “Enter”.
Step 4: Type “/FixMbr” on Windows. Restart computer and check if the issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Change the boot sequence
If your computer contains more than one local disks or external disk, many times, the invalid partition table is likely to happen due to incorrect boot order. On such occasion, you should restart your PC and enter Boot Menu where you can set disk boot order. Make sure your computer is booted from correct disk, save changes and restart computer.
If one of these works on your computer, you may need to reinstalling Windows to the fix invalid partition table problem.

Edited by hamluis, 26 December 2017 - 11:43 AM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

You can try these methods to fix invalid partition table:

Solution 1: Rebuild the MBR with PartitionGuru

Since the PC cannot boot to system now, the MBR rebuilding should be down under Windows PE environment.

Step 1: Create WinPE bootable USB drive of PartitionGuru.

Step 2: Boot your computer from the bootable USB disk.

Step 3: Rebuild MBR (Master Boot Record).

Solution 2: Rebuild MBR using Command Prompt

If you have a Windows installation disc, you can fix invalid partition table via Command Prompt, here are solutions:

Step 1: Insert installation disc into your computer and boot PC from the disc. Click “Repair your computer”

Step 2: Select Command Prompt in the “System Recovery Options” window.

Step 3: Type “bootrec.exe” in Command Prompt and press “Enter”.

Step 4: Type “/FixMbr” on Windows. Restart computer and check if the issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Change the boot sequence

If your computer contains more than one local disks or external disk, many times, the invalid partition table is likely to happen due to incorrect boot order. On such occasion, you should restart your PC and enter Boot Menu where you can set disk boot order. Make sure your computer is booted from correct disk, save changes and restart computer.

If one of these works on your computer, you may need to reinstalling Windows to the fix invalid partition table problem.

The OP has a problem with their installation media, not the MBR.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,660 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

I think post #5 was a promotion for the not very well know Eassos Partition Guru.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:32 AM

Thanks John.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users